20 November 2018 –
As part of our 2019 expansion plans, in line with the Singapore Airlines Group’s 20% stake in Virgin Australia and Tigerair Australia, SVAG will be launching flight schedules for the entire Virgin Australia (VOZ) and Tigerair Australia (TGG) network with immediate effect. This launch is also to make up for the void in Australian domestic routes left behind by the cessation of operations of our long-time partner Velocity Virtual.
Pilots will now be able to view VOZ and TGG domestic and a handful of international routes when located at any airport served by VOZ or TGG, such as Melbourne and Sydney. The callsign of VOZ is ‘Velocity’, while the callsign of TGG is ‘Tiggoz’. SVAG will be operating these routes with a newly purchased fleet consisting of 1 B77W, 1 A332, 21 B738s, 2 A320s, 1 Fokker 100 and 1 ATR72-600.
A lot of hard work has gone on behind the scenes to make this possible and we now have a full, updated set of schedules with 287 new routes – not codeshares – for you to explore the Australian continent at your leisure. Enjoy!
President & CEO
Singapore Virtual Airlines Group
We’re excited to be able to dive deeper into this amazing part of the world that’s extremely well-represented in flightsim, a welcome addition to the already extensive network operated by the Singapore Airlines Group (SIA, SCO, SLK, SQC and codeshares). SVAG would like to invite our Australian friends and aviators to join us.
We’re pleased to announce the following for new pilots operating in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific when joining us:
- Expedited application processing instead of monthly batches
- Custom callsign number on request, subject to availability
- 300-hour joining bonus, on top of regular carry-over hours per our policies
- Exemption from having to take the admission test
- Exemption from evaluation and training flights
To qualify as a VA pilot, you need to:
- Be currently flying with an Australian virtual airline and
- Have logged a minimum of either 500 hours or 100 flights
- Supply a link to your VA’s pilot stats page for verification
As a non-VA pilot:
- Have a VATSIM account in good standing
- Homebased out of any Australian, New Zealand or Pacific Island airport covered by Tigerair or Virgin Australia
- Have logged a minimum of 100 flights on VATSIM
To apply, simply submit the application form, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: Transfer Application – [your name] with the same email address you used to register. We will process it within 24 to 48 hours. While you wait, please take a few minutes to read our Operations Manual.
Referring pilots get:
- 30-hour bonus
- 100,000 vCash and
- 100,000 vCredits to use in the Pilot Center to boost your ratings.